022: Travis Rice/The Power of Not Knowing
If you only have five minutes…
Listen to this section - Travis on how "knowing is not necessarily the path to happiness"
- European tour days
- Depth Perception deadline-day finish
- Departure in style from previous films
- The DP crew – and how the project developed
- “Our goal was to replicate all styles of riding. We wanted to make a fun project that would make you juiced to go ride“.
- How the riding team came together.
- The conceit and narrative device at the centre of Depth Perception.
- The meaning of Depth Perception.
- The important of looking outside the scene for ideas.
- How Travis responds to criticism of the film style he’s developed.
- The Whitelines Fourth Phase review.
- The character set-ups and how they came about
- “Knowing is not necessarily the path to happiness”.
- The importance of unlearning.
- Jackson Hole as a home base.
- Introduction to snowboarding.
- Growing up skiing in Jackson.
- Hooked by the art of the turn.
- The influence of Jackson’s locals on Travis’s riding.
- The Snow King routine.
- How TV News classes led to Travis sponsor-me tapes.
- The importance of developing relationships.
- Superpark 2001 – MVP.
- The importance of the work ethic – and of investing in yourself.
- “I’ve always been really motivated. I’ve always had a lot of energy.”
- The next project.
- The legacy – and future – of Supernatural.
- Travis on the future of competitive snowboarding.
- ‘That pure interaction with the mountain is missing.’
- Travis’s approach to riding Alaska.
- “You can’t think about finding flow”.
- What the future holds – and what inspires Travis right now.
- Last sailing trip – Tahiti to Hawaii.
- R&D process.
- Travis’s last day snowboarding – AK.
- Travis’s last trick – switch method.