037: Billy Morgan Part 2/Risk and Reward
If you only have five minutes…
Listen to this section - Billy on what the medal means to him.
- Two week since the final.
- The contrast between coming back without a medal and with one.
- Media duties.
- Nights out with the boys.
- Interviewed in front of entire Etihad stadium.
- Expectations for the final.
- VIP treatment.
- The early stages of the Olympics
- Slopestyle event problems.
- How it went down.
- How Billy and the team reacted to a disappointing Slopestyle final.
- The scootering film as a reaction to boredom.
- Leading up to the Big Air.
- ‘I was just glad we didn’t have to do quads’.
- How the jump made the Big Air final.
- Game management during the Big Air.
- How Hamish McKnight helps profiling and ‘sequencing’ the jump.
- The frontside triple – and the contingency plan.
- Number crunching the odds.
- How losing his phone helped Billy concentrate.
- The moment Billy knew he’d won a medal.
- Finding a flag.
- Representing Team GB at the Closing Ceremony.
- The camaraderie between all those snowboarders.
- Enjoying the life moment as it happened.
- The defining GB Park & Pipe photograph.
- Ultimate job satisfaction.
- ‘I did have everything I needed that day’.
- How snowboarding helps with negative thoughts.
- Accessing the flow state.
- How it works for Billy.
- What’s next? ‘The answer hasn’t changed. I want to enjoy the rest of the season’.
- ‘Film part? I’m not the man for the job.’
- How Billy feels about the media coverage.
- The funding debate.
- The medal.
- The symbolism of the Olympic medal.
- Advice from Jenny Jones.
- Billy’s place in snowboarding now.
- Saas Fee