ARE YOU IN CORNWALL, ENGLAND EARLY AUGUST?
If so, we’re organising a public art exhibition on Fistral Beach in Newquay as part of the 2012 Relentless Energy Drink Boardmasters in association with Vans. The exhibition will take place between 8th and 12th of August 2012, and will feature unique large scale works by our favourite artists, and in addition we’ll have a live art installation and we’ll be giving away posters and sticker packs designed by the artists so you can get involved on the day, and take home your own art, with the chance to win prizes throughout.
ART AT BOARDMASTERS
Art and creativity have always been a key part of surfing and board riding culture. Our exhibition is a chance to showcase this to the UK’s biggest surf audience through the work of some of our favourite artists.
The exhibition will feature works from key artists with links to the boardsports world. Confirmed artists include Ben Allen, Supermundane, Matt Bromley, Matt Sewell, Helen Lovelee and Hannah Adamaszek.
“Got a real buzz at the moment working with the Looking Sideways crew on their public show in Newquay” says rising star Ben Allen. “Creating large scale outdoor mixed media paintings for 100k people to see is an amazing opportunity, plus I will get to surf in my favourite place in the UK, Cornwall!”
Each artist has been commissioned to create a unique painting for the show, which will be displayed at different indoor and outdoor locations around the Fistral Beach site. Members of the public will be encouraged to explore each of the works featured in the public exhibition.
COME AND MAKE A POSTER, EMAIL IT BACK TO US AND YOU COULD WIN VANS SHOES, A CUSTOM-MADE VANS GUITAR OR A FLUIDJUICE SURFBOARD DESIGNED BY RENOWNED SHAPER ADRIAN PHILLIPS, CUSTOM SHAPED TO YOUR DIMENSIONS & DECORATED WITH YOUR ARTWORK.
As part of our art show at the 2012 Relentless Energy Drink Boardmasters in association with Vans, we’re inviting members of the public to create your own masterpieces inspired by the works of our artists, with prizes going to those who come up with the best original creation at the event.
How? Here’s how…
1. We’ll be handing out an art pack featuring blank posters and stickers designed by our artists so you can make your own event poster. Come and find us at Fistral Beach to get some goodie bags and the materials you need to use to create your own collage-style masterpiece.
2. Throughout the event, we’ll also be producing a huge multi-media live art piece to help inspire your own creation. It’s right next to where you’ll be creating your own posters, so feel free to nick ideas, and maybe we’ll nick some of yours too.
3. Once you’ve finished your piece, either scan or or photograph it (a camera phone is fine), and email the picture to: firstname.lastname@example.org for you chance to convert your art into prizes.
4. Each day throughout the 2012 Relentless Energy Drink Boardmasters in association with Vans, we’ll be handing out prizes and rewards for our favourite posters. Daily prizes include amazing goodie bags and Vans shoes. We’ll also pick two overall winners who’ll win a custom-made Vans x Epiphone guitar, or an amazing Fluid Juice surfboard – custom-made to your perfect size and style and inlaid with graphics from your winning artwork by renowned shaper Adrian Phillips.
5. We will also be creating a gallery of the images so that even if you don’t win you can send your artwork to your friends and show them what you got up to at Boardmasters. And of course, you get to keep your original masterpiece and any spare stickers and can put it up on a wall at home.
A custom made Vans guitar.
A Fluid Juice Surfboard bespoke for you and shaped by a legendary UK craftsman, with your own graphics inlaid.